Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trompe L'Oeil

My friend Maddie showed me this blog which became a world-wide phenomenom where you post artistic pictures of yourself. There are some quite phenomenal ones which I cannot post due to copyright reasons but they are worth checking out,http://syntheticpubes.com/, although some of these are quite crude so this website is not for the faint hearted. A lot of these pictures show body art in its brightest colour. I recently got a daisy tattoed on my hip so this is of extreme interest in my life right now. Tattoos were once regarded a criminal affair, but now they have become as standard  as Chanel's Trompe L'oeil back in 2010, where you paid to get Channel literally branded on you, temporarily of course. A pop up shop was even created in Selfridges to furfill the likes of Lily Allen among other Chanel muses with chains and beads.

Steven Meisel  shot some beautifull photographs back in 2007 for Vogue Italia with women covered in temporary tattoos. With Spring coming once again,  its ironic to think this tattoo trend at this time, when you have waited all year to finally bare some skin, to cover it all up again.


No comments:

Post a Comment